« Excel and Word 2007: Answer to "Where did the Edit menu go!?" (and Formatting) | Main | Office 2007: Answer to "Where is the Edit -> Undo... menu option!?" »

February 08, 2008



Those special USB cables are semi-officially referred to as "Double Bulk Pipe" devices.

Within USB device driver parlance, a "bulk pipe" represents a channel for bulk data flow operations. The DBP device simply has one going from each computer to the other.

FreeBSD has a driver (udbp) that can be used to network two machines together this way.

Of course, these devices have largely been obsoleted by wired and wireless LANs.

The comments to this entry are closed.